BucketRace is a race around London, where teams compete against one another by completing tasks on the list (or BucketList) provided. BucketRaces goal is for participants to discover new places, activities and hidden gems within London, while meeting like-minded people and competing in a fun and friendly environment.
You can enter either as an individual and we will allocate you a team on the day, or as your own team.
1. Teams can be no larger than 4 people
2. Teams must stick together at all times
3. Each photo should include the whole team; however, one member can be excluded if they’re taking the photo/video
4. Tasks are divided into Miscellaneous and Location categories
5. Location tasks are mutually exclusive. You cannot score tasks within multiple locations
6. Tasks must be submitted before the end of BucketRace to be counted
7. For late arrival to the finish teams loose 150 points every 10 minutes
8. Any team more than 20 minutes late will loose all their points
9. Any teams caught cheating will be disqualified
10. Teams with the most points at the end of BucketRace wins
What you need
All you need is a well-charged smart phone (more than one per team is advised), comfy shoes and a Twitter account. BucketRace will provide the rest!
Each task carries a specific amount of points based on its difficulty, location and BucketRace classification (e.g. location, miscellaneous or bonus). The location tasks score the least; however completing enough of them unlocks a hefty bonus. Miscellaneous tasks score more points, but they don’t offer any bonus incentive. So choose wisely!
It’s also worth noting that most of the BucketRace location tasks have been written in order of the quickest route. The exceptions are the final few tasks within each section, which have been chosen to fit the culture of each area and can be performed anywhere within that location. BucketRace lasts for 4 hours. Any teams who arrive to the finish late, will forfeit a cumulative 50 points every 10 minutes.
There are Location tasks specific to regions of London such as: Find a taxi serving coffee in Shoreditch, find the giant Dragon in Camden and build a human pyramid in Hyde Park. And there are miscellaneous tasks such as: serenade a stranger, wear a toilet seat around your neck, get a high score on a video game.
Tasks are submitted through the wonderful world of social media, using photos and/or videos as evidence. More specifically we calculate real time scores using Twitters #Hashtag function. That way teams can use their own mobile phones and we can give you hourly updates on how each team is performing. Twitter is free to download and use. If you don’t already have a twitter account, please ask one of our staff to help you create one before BucketRace begins.
• Each tweet must contain the following: Name of task, points value, #BucketRace, #TeamName, @BucketRace and a photo/video of the task.
Example : Stand in the corner of an elevator facing the wrong way while people enter, 50 pts, @BucketRace, #TeamName #BucketRace.
On The Day
We meet at – 'Golden Square, London, W1F 9HR’ at 12:00. The location is easily accessible by tube or bus. The nearest tube station is Piccadilly Circus. Once there, individual sign ups will be collated into teams, there will be a brief introduction and teams will receive their lists. Within in the time specified time period, teams must choose which region of London they'll be completing tasks in, and complete the tasks they believe will amount to the most points. When the clock strikes 12:30 the competition will start and you'll be racing off to best your opponents whilst discovering the hidden gems of London.
We can also provide customised lists, for specific events like birthdays, hen do's, stag do's and team building. Simply contact us with your requirements and we will provide you with a quote.